Thursday 10 July 2014

Radiant Beauty

 
Matthew 11:25-30
At that time Jesus prayed this prayer: “O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike. Yes, Father, it pleased you to do it this way!
“My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”
 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

I scribbled this quick poem in the few moments after I'd released forgiveness to someone last year. The Lord releases joy, freedom - a feeling of being able to breathe, and even dance, again - when we just yield to His nudges to let Him heal our hearts and mould us more into His likeness.


A whisper in the night: oh, what beauty! oh, what grace.

As I sing,
My voice twirls around His heart
Like a ballerina on a lit-up stage;
My melodies thrill, delight,
Enthral His warm attention;
As He pours love, love,
And even more over me and into
My heart.

What abundant grace is this
Flowing over me, immersing my being
Like a waterfall:
This purifying flood, falling on me,
Overflowing,
Splashing around me deliverance;
Washing away the old heaviness,
Filling me afresh with more of Himself,
Cleansing my vision with His truth,

As I begin to see the beauty
Of this creation
With His eyes.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment